Sunday 7 September 2014

OOTD | A Rose By Another Name

Pink lace slip - Can You Keep A Secret / long sleeve crop-tee - Miss KL / white slip - BARKINS / denim jacket - thrifted via Lifeline / sheer black tights - Coles / 8-Eye Doc Martens - vintage via Paddington Antique Centre


Happy Father's Day lovely people! Hope you're all treating your loved ones today. I'm pretty sure my mind was somewhere close to where Jess' usually is when I picked this outfit. This is the first time since school that I've worn, or even owned, at pair of sheer black tights. As it gets warmer and I still ache for non-pant leg coverings I am slowly warming to them. 

I picked the pink lace slip up recently on a brief but very successful shopping trip to our favourite vintage store, Can You Keep A Secret, in it's stunning new Woolloongabba location. Jess and I found a couple of lovely things that I'm sure will be shared with you eventually. It is far too see-through to wear alone so I've put a white slip underneath. The straps are also a little too long at the moment so I covered it up with this tight black crop from Miss KL. 

Sheer black tights have endless connotations with grunge so I toned down the lace of the slip with my battered Docs Martens and acid wash denim jacket; what had turned out to be a favourite winter long. 

What are your thoughts on underwear repurposed at outerwear? 

Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...