Wednesday 10 September 2014

At Home | Crystals and Cookware


Its been quite a while since I've posted about vintage home-wares finds. To be perfectly honest, I plan on moving in the near future so I have been quite restrained with my purchasing. I picked the crystal-ware in the first photo up at my local Salvation army store whilst the vintage Sunbeam Mixmaster was a gift from my mother; no it wasn't hers she found it in a Ballarat vintage store. 

You might remember a post a did a few months ago about some neat jewellery organisation pieces I found op-shopping. Well I have now added and fiddled with it and am even happier, for the moment. I used to use a crystal ring dish and blue porcelain bowl. I've now upgraded all of the jewellery storage to crystal-ware with a bowl and a flat dish. I really love the way my fairly simple collection looks sitting in the glass. These dishes sit on my dresser intermingled with my makeup collection.

It is no secret that I love old things nor that I love cooking. My mum knows this all too well, so when she saw this vintage Sunbeam Mixmaster she was almost certain I would fall head over heels.  Considering I don't own a new mixmaster I am hoping to get a lot of use out this machine (fingers crossed it lets me). I love how the dial at the back instructs the user about what is best for tasks; that would never happen with modern appliances. 

That's my favourite second hand items from the last few months. I've got a few months before I move so I'm in the process of culling and figuring out what I do and don't need. These things definitely go on the 'Do' list. 

Happy hunting fellow thrifters! 
Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...